My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Saturday 18 June 2011

It's Sunday again....time for music



It time to link up with Thea's page and have a Sunday Session and Natasha's page for Sunday Song. Usually I take inspiration from what Thea chooses, but unfortunately none came.

1984-85 - I was in the Northern Territory in the outback, and we only had ABC television and radio. Being in a new job, and in a new town and having just met this great man (soon to become a  fiance and later husband), listening to the radio or watching tv was not high on my list of priorities. Idid have a friend in Adelaide who went to the Howard Jones concert and she was really excited.

So I will take do a 6 degrees of separation and think along the concert line.  I went to many when I lived in  Adelaide.

One of the great ones was Fleetwood Mac.


It was also the time of great sound tracks and this next song was a blast for all of us in the outback. It got everyone onto the dance floor. Ready to get your feet tapping? It could almost be a newbie, as there is a remake of this movie coming out soon. Its......wait for it.......


Footloose



 Now its time to think of a newbie. I have certainly been exposed to some new music this week. This tune is catchy, dancie, and the kids love it. I think its great for Sunday morning house work.




Enjoy your Sunday. I am off to an Eisteddfod about 2 hours away to see kids perform.


Ciao

2 comments:

  1. What great songs! I love Duck Sauce-I was going to feature that song one week too!

    Hope your weekend was fun.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Sunday Session!!
    How fabulous it must have been to see Fleetwood Mac! And I love Footloose...what fun.
    And the newbiew is so darn catchy. I'll be singing it all day now...thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete