My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Saturday 4 June 2011

Yay..Sunday Sessions

Take a look at Thea's Sunday Sessions. and while your at it Sunday Song


Madonna was the first choice for the oldie, so I had a think about Madonna, and apart from Like a Virgin, what else do I remember and like. It was the movie Desperately Seeking Susan. When this movie came out I was living in the Northern Territory: nearest movie theatre 10 hours drive there and back, requiring an over night stay. Instead we did a 24 hour drive to Adelaide, saw the movie and stayed a few weeks for a little holiday. Here's the song I liked from that movie



Thinking of remakes I have these two for my oldie and and then the newbie. First is by the Church. Not a band for everyone, and I took a special interest  the band as  the drummer Richard Ploog,  was an Adelaide boy and our paths crossed occassionaly in year 11 or 12. I added the second clip as you can see Richard quite well.




Earlier this year I heard this lady singing the song as a tribute and I love her voice so please enjoy Megan Washington.



Ciao



4 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed that song Under the Milky Way, but never knew who the band was. Now I know!

    Megan Washington did a fantastic job of her version of Unguarded Moment.

    Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my very favourite Madonna songs! How many times did I play that and sing along into my hairbrush?? lol And look at those stunning 80s fasions. Brings back so many memories. I wanted earrings just like that!

    Great Sunday Session. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Thea are on the same wavelength this week! Great to hear all these Madonna songs. I also liked the Megan Washington song. I hadn't heard that version before.

    Thanks so much for linking up. It's so lovely to meet you!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calling by to catch up with your musical choices for last weekend,great Madonna track. I hope to be joining in again soon.

    ReplyDelete