My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Saturday 26 March 2011

Driving to Work

I live in the Wimmera which is in Western Victoria, Australia. We have just come out of a 14 year drought.  Admittedly, I have only been here for a few years, but can feel for the people in the area who have experienced the drought from start to finish.

One of the wonderful things I love is driving to work. I love to have a great book to listen to, a skim milk latte (really, really hot - so it lasts the distance) and fantastic scenery.



I drive on the Western Highway, which links Victoria to South Australia. It is a very flat cropping area. Cropping is farming. The farmers grow all sorts of crops - wheat, barley, lentils and canola (also known as rapeseed).



The wonderful thing about canola is that the fields change colour from late winter into spring. Yellow is such as beautiful warming colour. When I am driving along, drinking  my latte, listen to a great author, and seeing these views I am just so happy to be where I am and off to another great day at work. Yes I love my job!! I adore my job!! I have the best job!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's beautifuL! I had no idea that that's what Canola looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canola is so pretty in flower. Love Western Victoria too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete