My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Saturday 23 April 2011

Easter, Sunday Sessions


Afer looking at Thea's clips I decided upon two oldies. After 13 years at a very religious school, finding two hymns about Easter was not hard. Finding them on the 'net was another matter.

My first comes from another religious musical Godspell. Its very old musical, but I quite like to watch it when its on telly, late at night.


My second clip is from the same era. I believe its an English hymn, set to a Scottish tune so I had to include it. It is one of my all time favourites - Morning Has Broken, by Cat Stevens. I realise he changed his name, but all my albums have him listed as Cat, not Yusuf.


As for modern well I decided not to look, but was tempted to put up a version of Little Bunny Foo Foo!!

Have a lovely Easter and enjoy the long, long weekend.

Ciao


I would like to put in a post script. Tomorrow is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand, so I have included a third oldie that hits me right in the heart, and always makes me weep, thinking of the Diggers, all the soldiers and the refugees.




Click here to go and see the Sunday Sessions at Thea's Place

4 comments:

  1. Perfect Easter Sunday Session...and I love that you included Anzac Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, it is great to discover that so far everyone has chosen such appropriate music. Great Sunday Session choices, Godspell and Cat Stevens who sings Morning Has Broken beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seen News From Italy on your blog roll, thankyou so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These songs take me right back to the seventies!
    I have always thought that Godspell song so uplifting. The Cat Stevens clip reminded me of his beautiful and unique voice. I have a soft spot for the Rolf Harris song, as I remember when my sister and I heard it as kids, it was a profound, bonding moment. We just looked at each other as if to say, I'd do that for you.
    Thanks for the memories! xx

    ReplyDelete