My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Naked after 25 years

I felt so naked. He didn't understand.
I was walking though the streets naked. He said don't worry about it.

I tried not to worry. I tried to smile. I was naked.

I tried to cover my nakedness up. It didn't work. Everyone noticed. I was naked.

I had lost my wedding ring.
It was devesating to me. I felt so exposed. I felt out of the 'club'. I tried to tell myself its just a piece of jewellery. He didn't mind as he never wore a wedding ring.

In twenty five years I never took it off, except for this one night.

I got stung by a mossie next to my wedding ring. I was eating  a delicious, drippy orange. The juice got into the sting. My finger swelled. I took of my ring. It got mixed up in the peel. It got thrown out. I didn't realise. I went to check the bin. He had emptied it. I checked the wheely bin. It was Monday. The wheely was empty. My ring, my symbol of 25 years had gone. For good.


No comments:

Post a Comment