My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Saturday 30 April 2011

Please let me ....

SOUND OFF

This was a hectic week - Easter last weekend then Anzac Day followed up by going back to work.

Work was the highlight of my holidays, going back that is. My husband had to work everyday - 14 days straight and I absolutely hated that.

I didn't mind the idea of a few days to myself, but 14 days sitting in my own company? Well I wore myself out: with boredom. I couldn't movtivate myself to do any thing except to try and blog or play on youtube. I realise this sounds weird and many would relish in days to themselves, but this has happened every holiday since we moved to this town. He has to work every school holiday, every day.

My man is a lovely, caring man who works with people who have disabilities - emotional, physical and intellectual. Its just when the holidays come the parents and families of his clients want a break from their disabled family member. What I can't understand is that they have the weekends in term time away from their disabled family member as well. My man finds wonderful things to do with his clients. He takes them on barbecues, drives, treasure hunts, fishing, out for meals, out to play pool, bowling, walking my dogs, They all have a ball. When they see my husband in places like the supermarket they make a bee line for him, but I have to duck off as its 'client business' and I don't want to know their ins and outs, I want to respect their privacy.

Here's whats narking me. He spends so much time entertaining his clients, that when he gets home he wants to rest and not have a barbecue with me, come on a drive with me, go fishing or go out for meal with me because he has already done it today or this week.

So here's my new plan. Next set of  holidays I will go away. I will go to Darwin and catch up with old mates. Yep the husband thinks its a great idea and he is helping me plan the trip away.


Suddenly...text messages start arriving from one of my nephews. Mr 17 year old wants to come down for his next school holidays. GREAT!!! and, he wants to bring  a "friend".

Wow - this new issue has certainly stopped me being woe is me I'm lonely....now its Oh gosh where will they sleep - together or in separate rooms. Can I cope with that idea. What if Grandma and Grandpa come over. What will they think?? How do other families deal with teenagers over the age of consent sleeping together under your roof?


Thanks Brandon!!
Ciao


1 comment:

  1. I think take advice from his parents, if they allow it then no problem :)

    ReplyDelete