My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Saturday 9 April 2011

Sunday Sessions

I have been viewing a few blogs that I like, and one in particular that I enjoy is the Sunday Sessions. I thought I would give it a go. It may be too impractical for someone who has only begun to blog, but as they say nothing ventured; nothing gained.




The idea is an oldie and then a newie. Finding an oldie is easy... but which oldie to choose as I have so many. I have decided on Life in a Northern Town by the Dream Academy. This video clip made me crave for trips back to the UK





Now for something modern. Well thats hard as I don't listen to the radio or watch Rage any more. My only hope for modern music is getting ideas from the kids I teach. They  told me about this group called the Black Eyed Peas. I like their tunes. This is the one that is catchy and sounds fairly modern to me. Hey it was released in 2009 so amazingly modern for me.

The song is I Gotta a Feeling.




Being an educator, I also like this version. I am using this as my theme for reading, hoping that all my class can complete the reading challenge.



So here goes my first attempt to join in with the Sunday Sessions. If I have not followed the rules please let me know and any positive feedback would be good. I am still trying to work out how to add the button things. One step at a time.

Ciao
Scotty Lover


5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club! You did well - I think my first Sunday Session, my 'new' song was 4 or 5 years old,lol. I don't listen to radio or ever watch music video shows before SSs.

    That last one was cute - Alexander (my 8 year old AVID reader) loved it because the very first book shown is his favourite book in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always liked "Life In A Northern Town."

    Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good!! Rules are only guidelines...hey? ;)

    Great first Sunday Session, hope to see you for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Life in a Northern Town". One of my favourites!

    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better late than never here to listen to the Sunday Session songs. Welcome to the Sunday Session, I break the rules every week as I only post Italian songs but Thea says it is ok :) I enjoyed listening to your choices.

    ReplyDelete