My thoughts on life... husband, dogs, people, work, travel

Sunday 22 May 2011

Sunday Session

Well its Sunday again and its time to regress into the deep, dark recesses of my mind and find and oldie and a newbie.

This is to go with Thea's Sunday Sessions

I'm going to do my newbie first. It's been around in this century and I use it for poetry with the year 6 children. It makes me look a bit hip and cool in their eyes. Enjoy Sk8ter Boi.

Now for an oldie, from a sort of oldie....so many to choose from and I will take a lead from Thea and put in the first Johnny Cougar song that I heard and loved. I was doing year 12 when I first heard this tune.


Jack and Dianne came out when I was just finishing teaching college, so I have also placed a tune that correlates to that time and boy I wish I was the girl in this clip. I love Dancing in the Dark with the Boss and it makes house work so much easier!!



Enjoy!!
Ciao,


5 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite like Johnny Cougar wearing some eye makeup (way before he became John Cougar Mellencamp....)

    We love Bruce here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed listening to your Sunday Session choices, interesting you use the first one with your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great songs!! Thanks for another great Sunday Session. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some classics there! Do you know that the girl in the Springsteen clip is Courtney Cox from Friends? And it was completely planned, not a random girl from the crowd? Still, very cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving this blog!! Awesome songs :)

    ReplyDelete